Jane over at The Planet According to Dom has nominated me for this, my third Liebster award. Thank you so much Jane and I am delighted to answer your questions!
As last time, I am going to decline nominating 11 others because it takes me ages, makes me feel bad about choosing between friends and I simply don’t follow that many blogs! However – some newish bloggers have started following me and I’d like you to visit them – so see the end.
What is the Liebster Award?
It’s an award in which bloggers nominate other bloggers for showing respect to their work and their dedication. It’s an appreciation and recognition for all the fellow bloggers out there in the blogosphere You can read the full rules here.
Rules for Accepting the Liebster Award:
- Acknowledge the blogger who nominated your blog.
- Answer the questions.
- Nominate 11 other new bloggers to encourage them.
- Ask them 11 questions
- Let them know you have nominated them.
- Describe yourself in five words. Tired Grumpy Old Wannabe Artist
(today at least)
- What is the scariest thing you’ve ever done? Can’t decide between: Being the only man on a hen night, though it was lovely. Also overcoming my self-consciousness to have a massage for the first time at 40 scared me to hell. And there was meeting Susan’s parents for the first time…
- What is your favourite quote? “Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know, that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom” Terry Pratchett.
- Where is your happy place? My greenhouse, though the gym is a very close second.
- What’s on your bucket list? How long have you got? Some of them (the ones involving Penelope Cruz especially) are unlikely, which leaves: Scuba diving on a coral reef. Visiting various places (Canada, USA, Australia, Iran, Turkey, Chile, Bolivia, Mexico etc). Seeing a Great White shark (from a dive cage or a boat, hopefully not from inside the shark). Visiting a tropical rainforest. There are loads of others – including meeting up with WP friends.
- What is your favourite time of the year? Spring
- If you had all the money in the world, what would you do? Buy an island somewhere warm and live alone with automated machine gun posts at all the landing points. (Only joking. Probably – I did say I was grumpy today)
- Who in your family are you most like? I’d like to say none of the buggers. My paternal grandfather if you must know.
- What is the most extreme thing you’ve ever done? Ain’t saying!
- What is your biggest achievement? Answered this here.
- What is the most embarrassing thing you’ve ever done? Not sure I have ever been really embarrassed about anything.
They are under no obligation to accept or take part and I know how stressful it can sometimes be. If they would like to answer the same questions as those I answered above then that is great. To my other followers – please go and say hello and welcome them to the WP family.