I would like to thank Novus Lectio for nominating me for my second Liebster award. Her questions are really intriguing and I am pleased to accept – thank you my friend. I am going to break the rules and not nominate 11 people as this is the second time I have done this award and I don’t follow huge numbers of blogs.
Here are the rules for this award:
Put the award logo on your blog.
Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display award.
Answer 11 questions the blogger gives you.
Give 11 random facts about yourself.
Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of the nomination.
Give them 11 questions to answer.
At what Time do you wake up
Too d*mn early. Alarm is set for 5:45 am. This is totally at odds with my natural cycle. Over the Christmas holidays I reverted to my natural cycle of waking around 8 and staying up past midnight.
What’s your best dream you remember
I’m not saying! It was rather naughty 😉 (And no, Penelope Cruz was not involved this time)
How do you go to work
Bus from the end of my road into Lancaster. Then change buses to travel to the university. Arrive in my office between 7:30 and 7:45.
Do you eat take away or sitting
Sitting. I hate eating from takeaway containers and I do not usually enjoy eating outdoors either. Not that eating outdoors is often an option in North West England, we only get suitable weather about 5 days a year – and then get plagued by wasps!
Ecological or not
I try to be – I am allegedly an environmental scientist after all…
What’s your worst nightmare
Losing my sight is by far my biggest fear.
When your socks have holes what do you do
I get told off for this but it depends where the hole is. If in the big toe then they get thrown out. Anywhere else I can live with even if it does annoy Susan!
Self service laundry or dry cleaners
Washing machine at home. Will occasionally have a suit dry-cleaned but try to avoid wearing them anyway. I also rarely buy clothing that needs ironing – life is too short for ironing.
When your hair are all messy what’s your best option
Wash it again. It is short so dries quickly. To be honest I don’t actually care much if it is untidy so long as it is clean and not so long I cannot see where I am going..
Pool or sea
It would be sea if I could swim!
What’s your best skill
11 Random facts about myself:
1. I have huge UK size 11 feet so am basically L-shaped in profile. I wish that I could confirm the sadly mythical correlation between having big feet and big, well, other bits..
2. I have one sibling, a brother, who is 16 months younger than me. He used to be a VAT (sales) tax inspector in our home town. In those days we looked alike and there were many shops I did not dare enter as a result. I recall innocently staring at a fish tank in a pet shop when the owner sidled up to me and whispered “about what you said about the VAT on my van…”. Cue my puzzled and somewhat alarmed expression.
3. There is a Clanger toy on my desk at work. I have had it for at least 15 years and it still makes a Clanger noise when squeezed. In the days before caller ID I used to phone colleagues at random and squeeze it next to the phone. Took them months to find who the culprit was.
4. There are also some pictures of me with Susan and friends when we were in our teens and twenties but you aren’t seeing those!
5. My icon picture is a cropped version of one of this series of pictures with my niece ten years ago. I was trapped at a childrens birthday party. Note my long-suffering expression…
6. Despite the love of plants inherited from my grandfather I lived in flats above pubs in a town centre, with no garden, until I got my own home at 20. My first three homes were flats at the top of these buildings. The top left window in the right hand picture was my bedroom as a teenager until I left home in 1987. The ground floor room beneath it was the venue for my 18th birthday party, which I did not go to!
7. I am now on instagram. Some of you have already found me there: @artyplantsman
8. Are you still reading this? I am running out of ideas so hoped you would have given up by now. Guess I’d better think up a couple more.
9. Today I am wearing a t-shirt with Animal from the Muppet Show on it. You really needed to know that, right?
10. I like things to be tidy at home but my desk at work is a mess.
11. Conversely I am very organised in my professional life, despite the desk, but hopelessy relaxed about getting things done at home.
That is it. The random-facts well is dry until I can think up something else!