To celebrate reaching 100 followers. In fact over 120. How did this happen? Even I don’t find me that interesting. I started drafting this post some weeks ago, which is why some progress is already being made.
Onwards and Upwards folks!
I’ve talked a lot recently about being energised to do something new. Increasing and expanding my blogging and meeting inspiring new friends (albeit, sadly, at a distance so far) has only increased my appetite to, well, live a little. I have a few ideas for targets in the two months until Christmas, some of which I have started working on (progress updates in bold):
- Do some clothes shopping and absolutely refuse to buy anything boring. Problem is my size might change (see number 3). Maybe a new shirt or two would be safe? Or I could wait and see how number 3 goes then hit the January sales? I did go into numerous shops on my recent trip to London but the only things I liked were some shirts in Paul Smith. I refuse to spend £200 on a shirt, no matter how nice it is!!
- Take up Yoga again. I know I already hit the gym a lot but I miss the peace that yoga gave me and I still have most Monday nights free so it might be do-able. I have looked at videos produced by one of my followers, Marta Justyna, and these would be great but I am not sure I am organised enough to do Yoga at home these days (I used to do 20 minutes every day at 5:30 am and maybe I could start again?). Think I would prefer classes as this would also challenge me socially.
- Achieve wash-board abs by Christmas. Seriously. I’m probably the nearest I have been for a long time and I am 51 so this may be my last chance before entropy and gravity catch up with me. I have had a word with the trainers and am now doing six to seven hours per week at the gym and adjusting my diet. Weighing and measuring starts this week. Oddly, my wife is not so keen on this objective. She says she worries I might overdo it and hurt myself but I think she also worries I might get offers to verify my progress 😉
I’m still undecided about giving myself some extra incentive by doing this for a mental health charity. Inevitably I’d have to provide proof and the thought of going topless publicly doesn’t appeal. Especially in December.
- Renew my passport. I feel ready to travel again after a 5 year gap.
- Talk more and be positive. I’m tired of living inside my own head. Already making amazing progress with this 🙂 . Too many examples to even list!
- Movie nights. I am a big movie fan and I’ve a stack of unwatched DVDs and my wife won’t watch anything over a 12 certificate so I figure I could stay up for a couple of hours after she goes to bed on a Friday or Saturday night each week and catch up. Started already!
- Be more organised about reading on the bus instead of staring bleary-eyed out of the window. Take a book each day. Started already but on gym days may need a bigger bag as my shoes take up a lot of room (I have enormous feet). I follow several book bloggers now and keep finding things I want to read.
- Go to more gigs – aim to book at least one before Christmas. I need to prove to myself that I can deal with crowds again. Done! Pumarosa in Manchester, December 1. Hotel prices for that night look eye-watering though!
- Be more organised about selling artwork – a lovely blogging friend has suggested this and pitched in to help. Currently evaluating options.
- Get my nails painted. Yes – I have mentioned this before but have not yet done much about it and it sounds fun. Toes at least but it isn’t sandal weather so that would be a waste. Either way I should wait until I have finished interviewing job candidates with one of our directors as I’d best look professional-ish. Maybe I could do this as a reward to myself at Christmas if I achieve number 3? If I timed it for the Christmas break I would not have to worry about solvent spills on them at work. During my massage on Saturday I broached the idea with Carol at the salon. At least she didn’t laugh…. Incidentally – I like the colour in the picture at the top!
Stop Press: My friend Dominique posted this – how bizarre are these nails????