Thank you so much to my friend over at Lavender and Levity for nominating me for this! Go and visit her!
- What is your Myers-Briggs type? Do you think it describes you?
I just took the test again – very strongly INFP-T, over 70% in every category.
This is so interesting. When I last took the test a couple of years ago I came out as INTJ, which I felt suited my analytical, scientific background. The recent change in my personality is remarkable. I know at least one of you has recently read my blog posts from last year and I hope she would agree that the Darren that is posting now seems a totally different person to the Darren of last year. I am more energetic, emotional, open, humorous and empathic. I really like the new me and, apparently, so do others.
- Which technological invention of the past 100 years could you least live without?
The internet. A cliché I know, but the blogging community has become really important to me. I’m meeting such nice people.
- If it were solely up to you (no medical, job or family demands to dictate otherwise), what time would you go to bed at night, and what time would you wake up?
Another good question. Because of work I get up at 6 am and go to bed at 10pm. I grew up in pubs and clubs my father managed so my schedule was more likely to be up until past midnight and in bed until 8 or 9am. This is my natural schedule, to which I revert instantly if I am off work and my wife (an early riser) is away.
I once worked as a postman/mailman for a few weeks and this involved 4am starts. It was not pretty.
- What is your favorite pizza topping?
I’m vegetarian so it is basically margherita with extra toppings – usually onions, mushrooms and, most important of all, chillies.
- What superpower would you choose if you could have only one?
Teleportation. I could then be seen coming in to work and going into my office but could then teleport home again when nobody was looking. Eventually it would (probably) be noticed I wasn’t getting any work done but I wouldn’t care if I lost my job as I could teleport into bank vaults too! I could also more easily visit places and people – don’t worry, I am not going to turn up in your room in the middle of the night! Unless invited 🙂 . I’d better stop now, hadn’t I?
- Again, assuming no financial, medical, family or job demands, and that all options were available where you live, would you rather drive your car or take public transportation?
I already use public transport by choice so this is easy to answer. I hate driving. The roads in my area are full of aggressive inconsiderate numpties. At least the eccentrics on my bus are fairly harmless (I am one, obviously).
- If you could only eat stereotypically “breakfast” foods, “lunch” foods or “dinner” foods for the rest of your life, which would you pick?
Breakfast was my first thought. Toast is my comfort food at any time of day! But then I’d have to do without curry. Not gonna happen. If I could have a side order of toast with my curry I choose dinner.
I’m now supposed to share some facts about myself – but I’m going to save that for now as it would overlap with what I plan to do to celebrate that I have now exceeded 50 followers, so watch this space…
So – to my own nominees. The award is really for those blogs who have less than 200 followers so I have been checking you all out for follower numbers and/or if you have already had this award recently. This is a nightmare – I really don’t want anyone to feel left out or unappreciated and I have excluded friends who are dear to me because they did this award or have been nominated recently. My friends know who they are.
- Self Care Made Easy
- I’m Me Amy
- Sophie’s Corner
- Gina Not Perfect
- Laura (Perfectly Mixed)
- Hearts Bridges Writings
- The Artisan Duck
- Tired Little Birdie
- Awareness by Tazmin
- Maladaptive May
The instructions for accepting the award and passing it on are as follows.
- Create a new blog post on your blog thanking the person that nominated you, link to their blog, and put in a graphic of the award.
- Answer the questions that were provided, and then share some facts about yourself.
- Create a new set of your own questions for others to answer.
- Nominate others (around ten) and share your blog post with them so they can accept their award!
Questions for my nominees:
- If you could be one fictional character for a day, and actually live their life, – who would it be and why?
- Can you play a musical instrument? If so, which? If not – which would you most like to learn or like to listen to?
- Are your friends (partners excluded) mostly of your own (biological) sex?
- If magic could make it possible, would you be interested in changing sex for a few days to see the world from another perspective? Do you think it would be a good idea if we all did this at least once in our life?
- Vampire movies/shows – do you prefer scary ones or romantic ones, and which? (Thanks to a blogging friend for inspiring this question when I was stuck!)
- Think of something good about yourself. Talk about it if you want, but I just wanted you to feel nice. (Tell anyone I work with that I’m such a softie and I will deny it!)
Now – provide some random facts about yourself. Kylee is excused if she likes, or can link to her own recent ’50 facts’!